Tuesday, June 10, 2014

June is Busting Out All Over!

I am not a fan of heat and humidity (see what I did there?). Mainly during the summer in Baltimore, I dash from air conditioned car to air conditioned office, then back home from work to my un-air conditioned home.

Central air conditioning is on my list of future improvements to Hampden Place, as it gets progressively less comfortable to sit and work on anything. I move up to my bedroom, where I have a nice portable unit set up, but it's not as comfy as relaxing in one of the living room chairs.

On the bright side, when I'm in my room, I can finish up things that would otherwise be consigned to bins to wait until the weather cools enough that I can face having wool in my hands.

I finished plying the Greenwood Fiberworks BFL and silk I'd done while in Hawaii last month. It's so beautiful, I spend time staring at it. Maybe I'll enter it into the State Fair this year. I measured out 360 yards of sport-weight yarn, which is quite a nice chunk. Right now, it's drying on a cookie cooling rack, a gorgeous display of color and shine.

I've been knitting up a baby sweater, Phazalia's Mitered Baby Jacket, for a co-worker's expectant wife, and as usual, I have spent much time tinking back and trying to figure out where I've gone wrong. :) Looked over all the other projects on Ravelry to see where I might have made my mistakes, and will be taking the project and pattern to knit night tomorrow to consult with everyone.

The yarn is Wisdom Yarns Marathon Socks--North Pole, in Candy Cane Red. I'd forgotten I had this until a nice Raveler contacted me to ask if I'd be willing to sell it to her. As I was on holiday, I told her I'd need to get back home before I could do anything. She later sent me a message that she'd found someone else to buy it from immediately. And since the skein was now uppermost in my mind, I pulled it out of its bin to use for the jacket, which has few seams and looks striking in self-striping colorways.

I hope I finish this before the baby arrives. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment